job opportunity at the acfny
The Austrian Cultural Forum New York is seeking to appoint a Head of Visual Arts and Architecture as of November 1, 2018. This is a full-time staff position.
Head of Visual Arts & Architecture
Reports to the Director
Responsible for exhibition coordination and implementation of Visual Arts program including exhibition management at ACFNY gallery
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• manage exhibition budgets
• coordinate with artists, galleries, and lenders
• conduct research on artists and obtain bibliographic information and images
• manage loans
• organize local and international art shipping
• handle fine art insurance
• book art handling and supervise exhibition install and de-install
• document uncrating and condition of the artwork
• coordinate conservation, framing, and production of newly commissioned works
• organize exhibition openings and related events
• maintenance of exhibition
• answer visual art related inquiries
• coordinate & manage artist travel, hotel accommodation etc.
• draft internal reports and contribute to annual reporting requirements
• interface and coordinate with other ACFNY staff members on programming, reporting, communications, outreach and promotional activities
• minimum of Bachelor’s degree
• experience in exhibition coordination
• excellent knowledge of (Austrian) contemporary art
• excellent communication skills—both oral and written
• German language skills required
• strong management, organizational, and diplomatic skills
• familiar with logistical & technical aspects of exhibition coordination
• computer literacy, including MS Office skills
• ability to juggle multiple requests and tasks in an intensive work environment
• ability and readiness to work in a small team & long hours including evening events
Work permit for the United States is required.
Salary: Non-profit customary, commensurate with individual experience.
Please e-mail a PDF (max. 2MB) of your application letter including motivation, résumé, diplomas as well as the names and contact information of at least two references to:
Austrian Cultural Forum New York
Attn.: Visual Arts and Architecture Position
11 East 52nd Street
New York, NY 10022
Applications must be received by September 10, 2018
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
The Austrian Cultural Forum is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any individual, employee, or application for employment on the basis of race, color, marital status, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, handicap, or any other legally protected status recognized by federal, state or local law.