The Austrian Cultural Forum New York (ACFNY), an agency of the Republic of Austria, is located in an extraordinary architectural landmark building in Manhattan.
It is a cultural, academic, and intellectual meeting place for Austrians, Americans, and citizens from all over the world. The ACFNY seeks to enhance the appreciation of contemporary Austrian creative achievements in the United States. It offers programs focusing on current artistic and intellectual challenges and controversies, and cooperates with cultural and academic institutions throughout the United States.
The ACFNY's core objectives
- Support cultural and academic activities of partner organizations throughout the United States with the purpose of promoting outstanding contemporary Austrians in various disciplines
- Present highly relevant thematic exhibitions on visual arts and architecture
- Act as a showcase for the very best of contemporary Austrian music, literature, film, and performing arts
- Explore synergies between the arts and the academic world
- Act as a forum for discussion and intellectual discourse, bearing in mind Austria's tradition as a meeting point between the East and the West and considering the country's active role in the European Union
- Draw attention to emerging Austrian artists and intellectuals to establish their reputation in the United States
- Raise awareness of contemporary Austrian creative artists, institutions, and festivals